Our Resident ‘Friend Maker’ Shares 10 Tips for Turning Strangers Into Friends:
- Greet everyone with a SMILE 🙂
- If you have a question; ask someone! You never know where the conversation will lead.
- When meeting someone, repeat their name; it makes a great first impression.
- Become a good LISTENER. You will learn so much about your “Stranger”
- Build Trust– it’s the Foundation of Friendship.
- YOU have a gift to offer. Believe in yourself.
- Practice makes Perfect… the more you introduce yourself, the more COMFORTABLE you’ll feel!
- Common Interests = CONNECTION. Surround yourself with Strangers that share similar passions.
- Remember, EVERY person you know was at one point a Stranger 🙂
- HAVE FUN. Meeting new people opens you up to new worlds.
With a career ranging from working with DragonBallZ to VW of America, from Sales to Marketing/PR, from Dallas to Australia…and finally to recruiting nurses to work throughout the United States – in 2009 Carlyn found herself without a job. She asked herself “What do I LOVE to do? What is my PASSION?”. What were her next steps? And then she realized – she turns strangers into friends. Join her journey here.