The holiday season has become all about what to buy for your loved ones. Are you planning to get a new iPhone for your boyfriend? A new 3D TV for your family? A gift for yourself of a new pair of shoes? While these are all great gifts we have recently been inspired by our friends at Stop Studios to approach this year in a new way. The company (the masterminds behind the NEXT for Women logo!) suggested that we join them in sidestepping the mall and focusing on something more meaningful.
NEXTers are involved in great non-profit causes, many have a ‘side hustle’ that they dream of taking full time one day, and several are working to change the world with their companies. To support them, and to inspire us all, NEXT for Women invites you to join the #GiveDifferent campaign. It’s a a simple way to start thinking differently about gift giving and our purchasing power. It’s a chance for us all to question where our money goes and who or what we are supporting. Simply follow #GiveDifferent on Twitter to share ideas of how you will be giving differently this holiday season (we suggest keeping your tweets to 120 characters or less so that they are easy to re-tweet to our followers). Let us know why and how you want to #GiveDifferent and plan to be inspired by others!
We hope that you join us and your fellow NEXTers for our Twitter party December 15th 9-10pm EST. Holly Pavlika will be at the helm so it guarantees to be fun, meaningful, and full of great ideas for how to #GiveDifferent.
In the spirit of making a difference we recently interviewed Gary Hirshberg, President & CEO of Stonyfield Farm. In the spirit of #GiveDifferent we share with you his insights on the ‘power of one’ and never underestimating the impact that you can have on changing the world.
Wondering where to get started? Here are a few pre-crafted tweets to get you in the #GiveDifferent mood and feature some of our participating organizations. Do you know a company or non-profit that we should be tweeting about? Let us know!
- You can #GiveDifferent by buying books from @BWBooks and help children in need http://www.betterworldbooks.com
- The gift of confidence: ask our coach Jules anything and get her expert advice! http://tinyurl.com/82ectye #GiveDifferent
- You can #GiveDifferent by supporting @FabricOfChange http://www.aban.org/products – impact the environment & street girls in Ghana
- You can #GiveDifferent by purchasing cookies from Gretchen and Larry with Cookies for Kids’ Cancer http://tinyurl.com/cgt5ct9
- Help a friend build the PT social media biz they talk about with the help of @alexisgrant http://tinyurl.com/89vlzk5 #GiveDifferent
- You can #GiveDifferent and get clean! @SweetSoaps products are all handcrafted in the USA www.sweetsoaps.com
- A gift from us – new members gain access to videos & more to showcase your strengths online http://www.nextforwomen.com #GiveDifferent
- You can #GiveDifferent by sharing your shopping wisdom @buyosphere where people help people shop www.buyosphere.com
HUGE Thank you to all of those who participated in our twitter party for the #GiveDifferent Campaign!
Better World Books has written an inspiring post about #GiveDifferent!
If you have written a post and want to include a link here please contact us.